This page is meant as a compilation of sources that are relevant for ethnobotany in Alaska. Don’t see an important resource on this list? Please contact us and share what you would like us to add.
Ethnobotany of Alaska (list in progress)
- Ager, Thomas A. and Ager, Lynn P., 1980. Ethnobotany of the Eskimos of Nelson Island, Alaska. Arctic Anthropology, pp.26-48.
- Anderson, Jacob P, 1939. Plants used by the Eskimo of the northern Bering Sea and arctic regions of Alaska. American Journal of Botany, pp.714-716.
- Bank, Theodore P., 1952. Botanical and Ethnobotanical Studies in the Aleutian Islands: Aleutian Vegetation and Aleut Culture.
- Bank, Theodore, 1953. Botanical and Ethnobotanical Studies in the Aleutian Islands: Health and Medical Lore of the Aleuts. II. Michigan Academy of Science, Arts, and Letters.
- Garibaldi, Ann, 1999. Medicinal flora of the Alaska natives. Anchorage: University of Alaska, Alaska Natural Heritage Program.
- Griffin, Dennis 2001. Contributions to the ethnobotany of the Cup’it Eskimo, Nunivak Island, Alaska. Journal of Ethnobiology, 21(2), pp.91-132.
- Holloway, Pat S. and Alexander, Ginny, 1990. Ethnobotany of the Fort Yukon Region, Alaska. Economic Botany, 44(2), pp.214-225.
- Jernigan, Kevin; Mary Pete, Elders et al., 2014. A Guide to the Ethnobotany of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Region. University of Alaska Fairbanks. Manuscript.
- Jones, Anore, 2010. Plants that we eat. University of Alaska Press.